So as many of you know I am obsessed with Julep – I seriously just cannot get enough of their makeup or nail polish for that matter. Ever since I received my first box I’ve been a fan! I started out super excited about the nail polish but I quickly discovered how amazing their makeup was thanks to a Mystery Box I decided to get. The cool part is if you haven’t tried Julep before – you can get your first box for free (all you pay is shipping).
1. Feel Like Velvet Collection – lo & behold: This is a soft pallet that is perfect to wear during the day – I use it for more of an everyday type pallet. The lighter color is perfect for highlighting the corners of your eyes (it is a very light color). While the darker color complements the light perfectly and I absolutely love using them both together
2. Glow Highlighting Powder – Champagne: I use this whenever I go out! It is my all time favorite highlighting powder. I use a fan brush to dust the highlights on my cheeks and face. If you are in need of a good highlighting powder I would highly recommend this one!
3. Dial Up Your Glam Collection – Andromeda: This color has such a nice brownish hue that has the perfect amount of sparkle in it. I use this often with the lo & behold pallet.
The far two left colors are lo & behold while the far right is Andromeda
4. Julep Fluid Eye Glider: This is the perfect eye liner is you want to get that perfectly put together line. Plus it lasts very well and goes on super easy. This is one of the product I received in a mystery box and it will forever and always stay in my eyeliner arsenal.
5. Julep Lip Gloss – Vivid: I’m addicted to anything and everything lip related when it comes to make up. It truly is my weakness. I literally have every single one of the lip glosses from this particular line that Julep offers but Vivid is by far my favorite. I love the darker hue that it has – I’ve always thought I looked better with a darker lip so that may be why I love this color so much. Plus the lip gloss itself smells amazing. I received my first ‘color’ in this line in my first julep box (that I was able to score for free – and you can too). Ever since then I made it a point to always get one of these lip glosses in my monthly maven box!
6. Blank Canvas Face Primer: This is another one of those items I received in a mystery box and I fell in love. I’m not going to lie – I was one of those people who didn’t see a need for a primer *gasp* (I know – what was I thinking?!). Had I not received this product in a mystery box I probably never would have tried it on my own and boy would I be missing out. This is such a wonderful primer that helps your makeup last longer and it doesn’t make your face feel greasy (a personal pet peeve of mine).
Those are my all time favorite Julep make up items – I will have a post in the near future about my all time favorite Julep nail items because that is what originally drew me into the maven subscription.
If you want to try Julep out yourself you can receive your first box for free (I will warn you – you may become addicted like myself!). The current code for January of 2016 is “ICEBOX” but these sometimes change every couple months as does the box you get to receive for free.