Welcome to Whats Cooking Wednesday! This week I am featuring my absolute FAVORITE dinner, Brown Sugar & Balsamic Pork Roast! I cannot even begin to describe how absolutely wonderful this dinner is! This is the easiest Slow Cooker Pork I have ever made!
Ingredients (For the Slow Cooker)
1.5-2 lb. Pork Roast
1 Teaspoon of ground Sage
1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1/2 -3/4 cup of water (you can ‘eyeball’ it depending on the size of your Slow cooker- you just want the water to cover the entire bottom)
Ingredients (For the Glaze – AFTER the Pork is Cooked)
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon of corn starch
1/4 Cup Balsamic vinegar
1/2 Cup water
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1. Place the pork roast in the slow cooker
2. Add Water to the slow cooker
3. Cover the pork roast with the spices listed under “Ingredients (For the Slow Cooker)”
4. Cook on Low for 6 hours.
5. Once port is done pull out of slow cooker and pull it apart.
6. Once the pork is completely “pulled” and shredded put back into slow cooker
7. Start preparing the glaze – combine the brown sugar & corn starch in a small saucepan (I accidentally put it in a bowl – it’s MUCH easier if you initially put it in a sauce pan)
8. Whisk the brown sugar & corn starch together (Yes – you actually should break out the whisk because it makes it easier) to break up the lumps
9. Add the Balsamic vinegar, water, & soy sauce
10. Warm over medium heat until the mixture thickens (if you need to increase the temperature you can – but stir constantly)
11. Pour glaze over pulled pork in slow cooker
Hope you Enjoy this recipe! Please feel free to comment and let me know how it turns out for you! Remember to subscribe so you never miss a good recipe!